Every year I attempt to set my goals, I usually scribble it down in my journal and put it away until the following year. It is a gift to myself that I give each year after Christmas has ended. I take the time to reflect on where I was last year, what I envisioned my life to be, what I accomplished and what I aspire for the next year.
As a “millennial” I have been told that my generation is the generation to constantly change, pivot careers and overall to appear to be unreliable in the business world. I think were misunderstood. We are the generation that refuses to be miserable, were not going to work an 8-6 job for a salary that gets us nowhere and little promotion. Maybe I am speaking for an entire generation, or maybe I am speaking for myself. I am tired of sitting behind a desk tinkering on a computer all day, life is meant to be so much more than that. I know that working in a cubicle and wearing a suit was a childhood dream. I think it’s because my parents worked in the education system and I thought that if I wore a suit I would be rich. I have money, but my life is less than rich.
I want to leave all stones unturned in my life. I don’t want to say, “oh I have always wanted to do that”. I want to say, “oh, what a memory it was”. I want my work to embody my lifestyle. I am not a selfish person, I am not greedy or manipulative. If I spend 40 hours per week with others, I want the people I am surrounding myself with to have similar ideas and beliefs or at least, be open to learning new things. I have contemplated for hours about what I should do to achieve an authenticated life and 2016 is the year I am going to do it.
- Apply to Naropa University’s graduate program
- Get an interview at Naropa University
- Get into Naropa University Graduate Program – Fall 2016
- Get my 200 Yoga Teacher Training Certification from Parusha Yoga
- Attain a job at either a. Career Center at Naropa with a scholarship, b. RiseSmart or Cielo
- Move to somewhere beautiful
- If I get into Naropa, then it will be Boulder.
- If not Tahoe, Mammoth, Boulder, someplace awesome where I can be outside.
- Strengthen my yoga practice
- Attain a deeper understanding of holistic medicine
- Spread the knowledge of it
- Recover my surgery knee to 100%
- Get back into skiing
- get back into skateboarding
- Get back into downhill biking
- Become more thankful – once a day write or reflect one good thing I am thankful for
- go camping
- go on a road trip
- Go raving with Knarly
- Continue to grow my relationship with my family
- Be open to finding love -Monkey year is my year for love ❤
- Attend Wonderlust with my Mother
- Attend a festival with my Sister
- Catch a fish
- Read at least 4 books
- Read at least 30 minutes per week night
- Do at least 6 Bikram double days
- Participate in 2 30 day Yoga Challenges
- Stay sober from Alcohol for 1 year
- 3 morning workouts per week
- LONG TERM
- Launch a company for spreading holistic medicine
- Own my own property
- Have a garden to grow my own tea
- Get married to a soulmate
- have children
- Travel to every continent
- See the Northern Lights
- Be happy.
- Spread positivity
- Spread knowledge
NOTE TO SELF: Just make sure your “work” is your passion. If your work is your passion, then you are merely passionate soul.