Yeap, today I saw a post about Janice Joplin on Times and when I did my first “seated pose” all I could think about is this beautiful woman. How sad it would be to be so young and so successful and not be able to live your life to your fullest potential. I think this is what drives me to do these challenges. There is so much unknown in life and if you can help yourself you should, always. I’ve struggled with many additions throughout my short life. I think my biggest fear is to die knowing I never took the opportunities I wish I had or have. To be impeded by being “sick” like I have SO MANY TIMES sucks. I will be stronger & more focused on my goals to become something great.
Today I ate:
- Coconut soup
- Cinnamon toast with butter and jelly (YUM!)
- A few bites of noodles and chicken
- 3 Cups of tea with
- Homemade fried rice with 1 egg & .5 Sweet potato
- Did every pose to the best of my ability & it felt SO astonishingly GRATIFYING.
- Half Moon Pose OR Ardha-Chandrasana(Sanskrit) was easier than usual and I was able to truly go deep into it greatly extending my hips and releasing pressure into my lower back.
- I am really striving to improve my standing series: Dandayamana-Janushirasana is improving, if I could keep my grip tighter.
- Dandayamana-Dhanurasana is getting better especially after fridays class where Erin tipped me to kick my flying foot if I felt like falling out; which has enabled me to stand through both poses.
Hmmmmm, nothing weird happened today other than I made it through class and to be honest, I feel it has been the most gratifying class thus far. I feel my body healing, my posture becoming better and my mind more clear.